Friday, May 11, 2018

Moving Our Studio Out

Photos: João Jesus on Pexels

We’re moving out!
Yees, our studio will move from old house the new rent house. The place will be quieter and calmer, even though the one we use as our studio is in the same area, the new place surrounded by trees. Yaaaaas~

After a short discussion, we chose to move out because we need a place where we could rehearse at night without disturbing any neighbors. The place that we use now is too close to people, even though we try to maintain the sound and work hours, we think it will much better to move out. Actually from this post I would like to tell about packing stuff and moving out. I am not an expert in packing stuff but I am moving from one place to another place almost 5 times since I live here in Jogja. Why? My friend asks me all the time, why I would like to burden myself with packing all my stuff from bed, to glasses. I like new place and I feel refreshed when I put all my favorite things in my new room. It does not mean that I like to live as a nomad but the thought of packing and organizing your favorite clothes or book to their designated boxes makes me feel good.

Yeah, I know that it will not about my personal belongings while we moving our studio out but all of our tools and works. All those things means a lot to us and we want to put them practically and safely during the moving.

Moving out and moving in takes a lot of work and energy. Trust me, it does! But, when you know how to put all the stuff you wish to bring to your new place. It will be so much easier and stress free. What you actually need to prepare?

Time
This is definitely number one thing you have to prepare. I always prepare a little time a month before moving by making list of stuff. By starting ahead and slow, we will not be hustle when the time to move out come. I start with putting stuff that I might not use for the rest of the month.

Declutter Old Stuff
Decluttering your old stuff. I usually do this, once or twice a month even though I am not planning to move out. But, reviewing what you actually use will reduce amount of stuff that will you bring to the new place. You would not love it when you just put clutter to your new place, right?

Boxes
Since, our studio has several plastic boxes where we put all our tools, we only need extras boxes for books and kitchen utensils. If it is hard for you to differentiate the boxes, you can color code your boxes with tape, in Indonesia the boxes we bought usually has its product mark in it, it’s easier to differ one box with other.

Cleaning Kits
This one is important too. Separate you cleaning kits, so when you get there, you can do all the cleaning that you need to do. No need to grab it inside the boxes.

Transportation
Check out what mode of transportation you will use during moving your belongings, consider how many things you bring and how long it takes to get from your old place to the new place.

Food and Drinks
Prepare snacks, easy to make meals, and drinks. Unpacking your stuff will take a lot of energy. So you need energy booster for your body and mood.

Music
I will put my favorit jam during unpacking, or choose any other things that will make your activity more fun.

I hope it helps you guys with your next moving. I am looking forward for better work environment and more creative process to welcome in the new place. I will create another post about our new studio next time.

Cheers,
M



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...