Saturday, August 26, 2017

Little Walk to the Unknown Faces

Hi!
It is quite a while, I guess 2013 was the last time when I write my visits to Jogja Biennale and joined the blog competition.

On 22nd August 2017, one of my friend, Ruth Marbun or I called mba Utay opened her exhibition in Jogja Contemporary. Prologue: Image not Found by Ruth Marbun, is her second exhibition. It will be open until 5th September 2017. If you are in Jogja now, I suggest you to take a look and enjoy little journey with new faces you will see at the venue.
The poster
As you walk to the exhibition room, you will see many faces. It could be someone you know or someone you made the story about in your head. As mba Utay said, she does not give the exact narration to her works, but rather she let the audience to see and make their own story about it. I like the ideas when we have to imagine the story behind each of the faces. Most of the painting mediums are watercolor, but for bigger paintings, it was painted in canvas with acrylic.


Rangga thinking out loud. My favorite faces is the one on the top, number 3 from the left
When you entered the venue, there will be a wall with small frames hanged on it. There are faces of people, with sentence written on top of it ‘Nama - nama yang terlupakan di doa Senin pagi” or the forgotten names in monday morning prayer. This is one of my favorite section of the exhibition. I could relate the faces I saw with famous and familiar people I knew. The exciting part is you will definitely has different ideas about those faces with your friends.

Don't mind my facial expression. Rangga said something funny while taking this picture

Another favorite part is the big painting with words written under it “Pada petang hari aib menyewa pembunuh bayaran yang belum makan siang”, you can translate it by yourself. Rangga attention focus on the little sardine on the paintings. Maybe because, sometimes I will cook sardine for him on the weekend. (Haha!)

That is all from me, you could go and check this cool exhibition this weekend. (a good place to spend your weekend with your bestfriend or significant other ;))

The venue maps: Jogja Contemporary Maps. It is located within the area of Jogja National Museum (JNM)


Happy Weekend a tous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...