Saturday, August 19, 2017

Throwback: Away from Home

curling like a kitten in her favourite bed. Photo: Pexels
Home could be a person or a place actually. Home could be anything. Nothing will be easy when you live far away from your comfort zone, and I knew it from the beginning when I jumped into the train that day. There was no one that could help me but myself. That moment, I need to be more independent and mature. I should left behind the crying baby I was used too when a difficulties come to strike me down. I know this might be hard for me, change was a hard word for me, but  I want to be a better person within this process of changing.

Being away from home means that I should be settled myself in Castellon as temporary home. I am actually a person that affects by mood so easily but I can handle it as long as I have a place of my own there. I have my own bedroom there and for sure, that was my little kingdom. I am a kind of person who does not need a big room or full facilities bedroom, as long as it is enough for me, it will be enough. I wrote this post to tell you how I miss my small, cozy room full of memories in Castellon.

The flat I lived in, consists of several rooms, and one of them was my room. It was not a big also not too small for me. The color of the wall was soft purple or lila, there was only one bed, one cupboard, a study desk and a chair. I love the big windows, because it is so bright that I did not need any lamp on during the day. I used to exercise and do some yoga there. I decorate my desk with bottle I got from juice and pudding. I also kept an acorn I found in Parque Ribalta on my very first day in Castellon. All the things I thought interesting I put on my desk, included some books for school and sketchbooks.


My study desk with all the things (stationeries, make up, accessories). Photo:  Taken from my phone

The way I decorate my place there in Castellon not that different from what I do in Jogjakarta. As long as I have enough space with all my favorite things, every where I live it will feels like home. (wink) My little room in Castellon hide all laughs and cries while I was there. Even when I got sick and did not move at all from my bed. There are a lot of things that I thought about while I was in my room. Thinking about where my life are directing or what should I did after this exchange program. All small detail of my life was like a carousel of summer night market. Going round and round. I never had that kind of serious thinking before. Indeed, everything is changing while I was away. Castellon is a great town, I enjoy daily stroll from one place to another place, but when I got home, the only place I was heading is my small room in Calle Sidro Villaroig (Plus fridge full of foods!)

So, for everyone who just started to live faraway from their hometown or family, create your mini sanctuary where you can crawl at night and lit a candle or simply curling under blanket with your favorite books with you. Be brave little owls, the world are bigger and wonderful place to explore. Spread your wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...