Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Between Work, Study, and Hobby

source: pexels

I always want to write about this entry for quite some time. It is a kind of post that contain reflection of what I am doing right now. Life could be intriguing but yet it has a lot of surprises that wait to open. I have never thought that I will stay in Jogja after graduated. I love studying, I would like to continue or taking another school year on cultural diplomacy. But, for now I need to focus on work and things that I love to do. Have you ever cross a moment when you feel confused to decide whether to pursue your work, degree, or hobby? I guess, I haven’t been there completely but close to that moment.

I always remind myself that, I will take another path which most of my family will not going to attend. The only road that would define myself as I am not anyone else. Before graduated from my master degree, my sister told me to looking for a job. I am glad I listened to her advices. I have a full time job now, I also study, and manage my puppet theatre group. Someone then ask me, how can you work, study, and do your favorite things? I could manage it somehow. Do I have another degree from my study? Of course not. Where do you study? Everywhere from everyone I met.

I considered myself lucky to work in startup, I learn an array of new things I would never imagine I would take while in school. I also could still have times to manage a puppet theatre group and we performed in Jakarta on March! Isn’t it amazing when your work could offer a chance for you to study as well as a time to develop yourself on your other passions? I think that for a starter, I would tell you a story how I ended up working in startup.

As I mentioned before, I am looking for a job while working for my final thesis. It is a struggle to adjust with work life and study but again I am so blessed that my first official job is in a startup. Kulina, is an online catering service that provided lunch for professionals in Jakarta. I work in marketing team. When you work in startup you will see yourself in another dimension with your mates that work in big company. Why? Because, you work and study hard with your peer members to help the company grow. While, the big company already stable and the problems they face will be different from startup, that is my opinion. Kulina gives me a chance to learn something new and I believe that I will use that knowledge for me to develop myself as well as for my puppet theatre group.

I heard some of my friends told about how they work in certain job or company that sometimes pushes you to be someone else. Even one of my friend resign from her job because she could not handle the environment. Again, I always thank God for the road I am now, even though I do not have a stable position like all my friend who work in government but I have more freedom to develop myself as an individual. I know people will say that, “you do not know how long it takes for the startup to be a unicorn”, “what happened if the company should laid off its employee if no more investor invest to the company?”, but can we appreciate what we have now and do our best in whatever things we do? Life is an amazing playground.

How about study and hobby? I hope I could take another degree in cultural diplomacy in the next two years, but I am preparing myself now. In fact, I also study while I am working. How come? I learn things from Kulina and my workmates. I consider that studying. Hobby, I could not say that my hobby is puppet theatre, but the process of making puppet and discussing the ideas makes me excited. I think that puppet theatre is a way all my childhood dream are all about. I always love all the things that pretty and it makes me happy to create something from scratch. Even though I never have a dream to be involved in a performance group, but Flying Balloons Puppet really open up many doors for me.

Wow! I talked this much. For you guys who worked in Jakarta that feels the struggle of finding the lunch that totally understand you, you do not have to wait no more. Check out and subscribe Kulina! You could get discount by using my referral code MEYDA2.😉

I may come back with another story about my job in Kulina and Flying Balloons Puppet. Tell me in the comment what do you prefer to read.

Cheers,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...