Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Start May with lots of self love



Welcome May!
How was your April? I hope you find joy in every little things.Time flies so fast, it is already the mid of year and we will welcoming Ramadhan in just two weeks.

May
For me, this month offer a lot of opportunities for me to look back and take a deep breath. Time to exhale all the complicated pile of bad thoughts that I collected since May last year. It becomes my time to unwind, also a time to rejoice all the good vibrations. As what The Beach Boys said “I’m picking up good vibrations”.

I would like to start this month with lots of self love. What is self love? For me, self love is when you show your gratitude of what you are and what you have. Sometimes we feel so down that we blame ourselves or our body for something we cannot control. It happens, but I guess we need to love ourselves more. Self love does not mean we are selfish. It is different. Selfish more about, you do everything for yourself or your own good without concerning people around you. While self love is all about loving your own self, your body. This month is a time for me to recharge all the energy I spent last year, this is like a new year for me. Self love means that I want to appreciate my body more, I want to say thank you for what my body and mind do for me for these past 24 years.



What can I do to love myself more?

First,smile.
Not only because I am happy I still me. But, it gives positives vibes for my body and mind. I grin a lot, almost never express myself to the world (I do express how I feel to my closest ones).

Second, stop comparing yourself with other. I know, it is hard and I keep doing it until now. As I grew older, I realize that comparing yourself with others will not make myself better, but I feel less. Let’s embrace every little thing that we have.

Third, healthy body is healthy mind. I get sick easily, and from last month I try to do yoga to clear my mind and move my body. A little bit of exercise will do good for your body. I am no expert in exercising but I am trying to give my body a chance to stretch and move.

Fourth, food. This is my biggest challenge so far. I eat sporadically, I never cook my own food, and I eat a lot of deep fried food. This month, I want to start cooking for myself, preparing meals and veggies to eat and snack on. I am looking forward to this step and I am super excited! (Also nervous a bit, can I cope with cooking for myself) I do not want to be hard on myself, but try new thing is never wrong for me. And, yeah, that is all what I want to do to start this month.

In this post, I also would love to share my bullet journal spread. It is already 4 months consecutively since I start my bullet journal. If you wonder how I decided to organize my life through bullet journal, you can check my bullet journal post. I prefer a clean and simple bullet journal, but when I feel like to decorate and doodling here and there I will do it. I guess, there is no strict rule how you should do your bullet journal, right? I feel more organized and I actually forming a habit to check my to - do list and important date or appointment in my bujo. I don’t know why, I prefer something written in the paper than digital reminder. Maybe it is because, I write it myself, so I remember it better.

This is the layout of May spreads!


I put another Yoga Challenge again this month, since last month I cannot stick with it from date 20 until the rest of the month.


The layout is so simple, I could die with happiness. Btw, the stamp on my bullet journal is my DIY project. I will post about it next time.

Let’s create an amazing new year!

Cheers,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...