Tuesday, December 25, 2018

A year with bullet journal

Merry Christmas for everyone who celebrate this joyful day!
I hope you can spend your time with your loved ones.

Today, I want to share with you my year with a bullet journal.

I never realize that I already keeping up with bullet journal for a year. It is such an accomplishment for me. Checking my bullet journal on and off to see if there are tasks that I missed is become a common thing for me. Even though some people go for a digital reminder, but I feel that writing it down makes me remember it more.


So, how is it?
I think, personally, that I enjoy the experience and obligatory I might say. It is fun to write down your tasks and to-do lists as well as decorating your bullet journal. The benefits of bullet journalling in 2018 for me is I could actually make something into a habit. I doubt myself when it comes to try something new and consistent in doing so. But, bullet journal this year is become an eye opening journey. Of course, there is a day when I will not look at it at all, even I missed June, I guess. After that moment, I try to prepare the next month ahead, so that I could prepare and actually do it.

For the design and template, I choose black and white with really simple line and decoration. I rarely use color in my bullet journal. Sometimes, I put a bit of color in it but I prefer a black pen and some minimalists line. Why? During 2018, I have a lot of schedule and tasks that I need to get done so that I do want to spend more time in decorating the journal. I prefer something easy and simple. But, I do not know maybe I will experiment more in my journal next year. I still not sure about it, but let’s see.

There are things also that I wish I did before jumping into bullet journaling. First, I probably need a bigger journal, my A6 midori notebook is a bit to small. If only I bought another one, it will be easier for me to decorate it. But, I am glad that the journal can be refill as I want. Second is, I need to use more thicker paper for the refill, so that I could actually draw something in it. For this one, I will just glue another thick paper for a spreads which I want to draw on. I think that besides all the mini size and limitation of my bullet journal, there are always some way to work around it. Overall, my bullet journal experience is a blast.



I cannot wait to start a journey with bullet journaling in 2019. I already bought some supplies. I have watch many bullet journal setup on youtube and instagram, many of them mentioned about tombow dual brush pen. I am intrigued by the color. It has a quite range of grey and black. So, I bought 6 tombows and some refills of my midori notebook with dots pattern.

I am so excited to share it with you how my 2019 bullet journal spreads are.

See you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...