Sunday, December 16, 2018

DIY: Produce Bag

Hi!
I am back with another do-it-yourself entry~ It’s been a while since I posted about making my own stamp. You can check it here.

So, my sister wants to start less waste lifestyle. I am so glad that I have someone in the family that want to start making an effort. I have been trying to do the same here since couple of months ago, and still learning how to do it. I will talk about it later. Maybe in the future post.

She asks me to sew her some produce bag and large tote bag. Then, I decided to make a little tutorial on how I made the produce bag and the tote bag. If you interested with this project or want me to make one package of produce bag and grocery tote bag, contact me through instagram

Let’s start making!


Materials that I need:
  1. Cotton Fabric: It is a scrap fabric from when I made a lounge pants. I still have some of it and decided to use it instead of buying a new one.
  2. Threads: white
  3. Threads left over from my little business while ago. (I might return and do it again, let see)


Tools:
  1. Fabric Scissors
  2. Thread Cutter
  3. Pins
  4. Sewing Machine
  5. Measuring tape
  6. Marker or pencil
  7. Seam ripper


How I do it:
  • I randomly measure three sizes of the produce bag. It is probably around (Large: 36 x 25 cm, Medium: 30 x 20 cm, Small: 15 x 25 cm) I plan to make two for each sizes. I use the cotton fabric and cut it into 4 pieces for each produce bag.
  • Line all the fabric and start sewing. I show how I do it in the picture and scribble below. I wish I could make a video on how to do it. But anyway, this is how I explain to you guys.
I sewn the each top of the produce bag to make a crisp top part

Then, right side facing together, I sewn each side and also the bottom part

Here is how it looks like


  • After that, I make some space for the loop for the drawstring of this produce bag. I use some threads I found in my house.
Finished one.
  • Ta da! Your own produce bag is done



For the totebag I will post it on the next entry. I hope you enjoy reading this. Comment or mention me on Instagram how you make your produce bag.

See yaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...