Sunday, December 8, 2013

Biennale Jogja XII Equator #2 Part 3: Langgeng Art Foundation (LAF) and HonFabLab

Hello everyone! The weather today is a bit unstable or "galau", it was very hot around 12 then suddenly the cumulonimbus appeared. I just laying around my room this Sunday, I don't know what to do. But, then I remember that I have some draft to be finished in my blog. And here I am writing while enjoying the sound of the thunder and the rain falling. What a perfect scene to start this post.

Have you visit Biennale Jogja XII Equator #2? If you live or apparently study here in Jogja or maybe want to have a short trip here, one of the event that you need to write on your agenda is Biennale Jogja art exhibition. Why you should put it on your agenda? Because first is the event held once in a two year. You have to wait until 2015 to see this event. Second, you will presented with a lot of magnificent art works that make you amazed. And last, it will become one of reason to take your closest person for a romantic date (this works for me ;)) I have visited three from five venues of Biennale Jogja. The main venues areTaman Budaya Yogyakarta, Jogja National Museum, SaRang BUILDING, Langgeng Art Foundation and HonFabLab. And for me, only LAF and HonFabLab left to be visited. Here is the post about two last venues of Biennale Jogja XII. Enjoy!

To fulfill my ambition to finish all of venues, I persuade him to took me to Langgeng Art Foundation for another Biennale Jogja hunts! I do not know why I was so eager to finish all the venue of Biennale Jogja, even that the event will last until january next year. I wanted to see all of them immediately, it some kind of addiction I think. It could happen to the fifth semester student like me who kind of bored with the routine, assignments and classes. 

So, we arrived at LAF around noon. LAF is located in Suryodiningratan street 37, it’s near Post-Graduate Campus of ISI Yogyakarta. It’s not that hard to find LAF, because the building is unique and different than any other buildings around it. Actually, we wanted to go there way before there is Biennale Jogja but haven’t got time for that. Finally, I was there! LAF is the fourth venue of Biennale Jogja that I already visited. There are three area of exhibition in LAF, first floor near the cafetaria, the first gallery at the second floor, and the second gallery at the basement. 

R at the first gallery

The backdrop where R posing is one of the art displayed in the first gallery

In the first gallery there are three artist artworks displayed here. You will find a black box here, the box itself really drove our attention. You need to bend a little to get inside this box. I am afraid to enter because all of the box is painted black (honestly, I am afraid of the dark :p) So, He entered the box by himself. 

Nah, for you a locker hunters. In this venue there are some lockers also and the last locker (locker #100) is located in the basement. In the second gallery on the basement, you will find a simulation called "IMMORTAL-The Mind Beyond Self". It is really interesting simulation to try on, but I was afraid to enter the room, because it's all black and there is such kind of machine located in the center of the room. I still want to try it on my next visit to this venue though. Again, he tried the simulation by himself. He said that after he tried the simulation, he felt something strange with his head. We don't know why, but maybe because the simulation itself is about our mind. So, it might be a normal response. You need to try the simulation when you visit LAF.




After I went to LAF, I asked him one more favor. To took me to HonFabLab. HonFabLab is located in Taman Siswa street. There are some lockers here about three or four lockers located in this venue. I think that this lab is cool, and full equipped for people who wants to create their projects using a laser cut or other machine available in this place. I wish I could do my own project in HonFabLab someday. I'm not taking any picture here because, he needed to go to his campus immediately (maybe I will take some photos on my next visit). My visit to HonFabLab completed my Biennale Jogja XII Equator #2 hunts. :) Yay! I think, it's so amazing to complete all the main venue of the exhibition within 3 days only! Bravo for me! :D

This is what I love being in Jogjakarta, there's a lot of exhibitions and events held all year long. Especially Biennale Jogja XII Equator #2, it fulfill my needs. :) I love drawing and painting since I was a kid. I love looking at the great and fascinating display and painting. I may not an expert when it comes to give a review about someone's artwork especially when they are a great artist. But, I always try to appreciate and give my honest opinion. To conclude my hunts in Biennale Jogja XII I want to say "See you on the next Biennale Jogja!" Au Revoir! :)

p.s.
More information, click on Langgeng Art Foundation and HonFabLab
Check on my next post for photos from Biennale Jogja XII main exhibition venue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...