Saturday, December 7, 2013

Biennale Jogja XII Equator #2 Part 2: Morning at the Museum, Afternoon at SaRang BUILDING

Hello everyone! How is your day? How is your life?

Mine is wonderful. I may say it because I feel so blessed and excited those days when I went to an art exhibition. It feels like it fulfill my inner ambition to become an artist (laugh at my self). I love drawing and painting so much, but I love to see someone's art work even more! So, here is the second part of my post about Biennale Jogja event. Enjoy!

Sunday is just another holiday for me as a university student who studies far away from my hometown. At Sunday morning, I need an amusement and an entertainment. After getting some food to eat, I went to Jogja National Museum to visit another venue of Biennale Jogja with my friend. Here, in this second venue that I visited, there are more art work than in TBY. There are three floors of the exhibition in this venue and about 21 artist displayed their art works here.

This is one of the rooms in the first floor. I called it "The green room", is an art work by Eko Nugroho,
an artist from Indonesia. I love the concept of this room, it really describes about our worker in Middle East and how this country works. It such a superb critics. I think "art is always the best way to criticize the government or even our self"





Are you wearing a mask?
Look! Great Quotes!

It takes an hour or more to look around this venue. This is the biggest venue from Biennale Jogja XII. I will shares more photos of this venue on my other post (wait for it :)) Here are some picture I took in JNM.


still figure out what the video try to tell






see how the making of this work in TBY















After we went to Jogja National Museum, we decided to go home. On our way home, my friend May, she accidentally saw the direction to SaRang BUILDING. We never thought that SaRang is really near to my boarding house. We decided to find it and follow the direction. At first we could not find the building, we passed it once. After going around for couple of minutes, we finally found it! The place is AMAZING! I really love it, May also love the place. Green everywhere, it's quite and calm. Perfect place for relaxation I think. :D I want to spend all my afternoon here. Such a wonderful place. You need to visit it, really recommended place, especially when there is an art exhibition held here.



Inside a locker number 089 in SaRang BUILDING
That's all about my Sunday at Jogja National Museum and SaRang BUILDING. I will post more photos about both venues later. See you on another Biennale Jogja XII venues! Au revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...