Thursday, January 17, 2019

Valencia

Hi!
This time of the year, 3 years ago, I spent my day in Valencia. It was already that long since I’ve been there. Valencia is a warm city, after Castellon of course. It is the center of comunitat Valenciana. I spent my days here most of the time for the class that I took in the uni. It was Valencian Arts and Architecture. I was captivated by how interesting the lecture was.

I’ll try to remember places that you could visit in Valencia when you happen to be in Spain or you are planning to go there. Because Valencia is one of cities in Spain that you need to visit, period. Usually, I went to Valencia by train, it costs me around 4 to 6 euros which take 1 hour long. It is the same amount of time we need to go from Yogyakarta to Solo. I also spent some days here to watch finale of MotoGP 2015 in Valencia circuit Ricardo Tormo on November 2015. Anyway, let’s see what you can do and see in Valencia.

Here are the things that I find interesting in Valencia,

Plaza de la Virgen Maria
This plaza is located in the heart’s of Valencia historical sites. You will find a fountain in the middle of this plaza. Yes, like any other plaza in Spain, you will find it surrounded by a cathedral, basilica, as well as palace of generalitat. I find the plaza is the perfect place to hangout with friends while enjoying the ambiance. At the first time, I went to this plaza in the night and watched many street artist shows their skill. Other time I went here, there was exhibition and pre wedding photoshoot happened.

Personal Photo

Visiting Museum and Art Gallery
I know, some people finds it boring, but museum and art gallery is one of activities that I always do while visiting new places. Even though I haven’t got a chance to visit all museum and art gallery in Valencia, but I am glad that I visit these two places.

Museu de Belles Artes de Valencia
I went here several times! For lecturer and also for fun visits. I like how it shows period of fine art in Valencia and how religion influenced the arts.

One of art works displayed in the Museum

Museo de Taurino de Valencia
This is a museum that exhibit history of bullfighting. Here, you will see the famous bull and all the intricate costume that used in the arena. The costume is pretty darn amazing you know!

Personal Photo

Reduced ticket, I am using my student card
Here is the lists of Museum and Art Gallery in Valencia, I search the web for you. 😉

  • The IVAM, L'Institut Valencia d'Art Modern
  • The Museu Valencia de la Illustracio i la Modernitat
  • Del Carmen Cultural Center
  • Museo Nacional de Ceramica

Beach
South part of Spain is a place where you can find a good beaches to spend your day in. I went to one of the beach there but I forgot the name of the beach. It is a way to cure my home sick you know. I missed all the beaches in my hometown while I spent my exchange program.



Mercat Central
Traditional market is a place to go when you spend a quite long time in any city in Spain. You could find a fresh fruits and veggies. It is not only pleasing your stomach but your eyes indeed. I haven’t got a chance to go inside, since I went there when holiday. It is ashamed though, I will visit the market when I go to Spain someday.




City of Arts and Sciences
This one, is the one place that I want to visit. When I went there, I just hang around the place without actually go inside the building. Even when you walk in the area, you will find it amusing with that modern and sophisticated buildings.

Personal Photo


Someone in the photo

Other parts of the city
When you do not rush to find any attractions in Valencia, you can just wander around the town and find little piece that impressive. Like, a mural on the wall, the smallest bar, or just old buildings that you will find all around the city centre.






I guess, I may not cover all the beauty of Valencia, but you can get a grasp of what you can find there. I know for sure that I need to go back to Valencia in the future. I don’t know when, but someday I will. I hope you find it informative enough for you.

Have an amazing day people!

Cheers

*all photos taken by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...