Sunday, March 10, 2019

Postcards, story from a piece of paper


A little memoir of an old and new journey

Postcard is something I collected for years now. They are bought or given. No matter how they finally come to my home, it brings story about where they made and from.

For me personally, postcard is maybe the easiest souvenir people could give. It is lightweight and if it is carefully pick, it will be the perfect mementos. They came from whether from faraway land or from the next city. All of them brings their own stories and memories. Some of postcard I have are bought from vintage market, so they are used postcard. I wonder how each people met, how they finally ended up sending one another a piece of card, writing a short thoughtful sentence. The ideas are mesmerising for me.

It takes various amount of time for postcard to finally arrived to our doorsteps. Some postcard takes days, some other takes weeks and months. When it arrived, there is a jolt of excitement. Happiness is a little thing, like postcard for example.

If you are interested on how each postcard that I collected share their story, please do check my account here.

I make this one short introduction to what I do in my spare time, anyway, thank you for stopping by.

Cheers,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...