Saturday, April 4, 2020

A story of our dogs

This is a story of four paws and furry companion I had in my life. A family that I always have in my mind and heart. The one that help us went through the hardest and the happiest days of our lives.

It began with a trip I made with my partner Rangga to an animal market in Jogja. There was no plan to bring back a little creature we later called Flo. We went around and found two puppies in a blue cage. Flo came towards us and we knew she will be our second baby. 

Way before we brought home Flo, Rangga had Bruno during his early university days. He had to gave him to new owner because he could not keep him around due to hectic schedule as new art student. 

Flo was my birthday present to Rangga. I never imagined that since that day we enjoyed and loved being around our little family member. 

We watched  her grow up into a teenager, and she finally has a mate! I used to argue with her, not really, but she was often jealous with me. Rangga was for her only. Then, fast forward, that unknown black male dog impregnated her. She went to labor and gave birth to seven beautiful puppies. Unfortunately, I could not keep an eye for her since I needed to go back to Lombok for Lebaran.

We decided to keep only 2 of her puppies. We named them Pedro and Malam. A brother through thick and thin. They almost never had a quarrel. They play along and really close to one another. The most heartbreaking event came in a few months after Flo gave birth. Rangga went to Surabaya for performing. The day he went back to Jogja. Flo got hit by a motorcycle. I rushed from my place to his place, only to found cold body of Flo lying in front of Rangga's room. When he arrived, he shouted and called Flo first. She did not came. She was lying dead. He cried and cried. Flo was gone.

We lost our pack leader that fateful afternoon. We raised Pedro and Malam after that. Soon after, I adopted a Husky. The owner never took care of him for almost a year! He lost most of his fur and he got a scabies. 

I always wanted a Husky, cool wolf-like dog. Big and furry. We was lucky to brought him home. His name was American Gangster, we called him Ang.

I will post another story about Ang and our pack. I will break it down into several posts, I hope you enjoy reading it. 

I missed all my dogs that is why I try to write about them. Will be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Hutan Indonesia, Mengambil bagian untuk Melestarikan

Bulan Agustus tidak hanya bulan bersejarah bagi kemerdekaan Indonesia tapi ada hari penting yang patut diingat, digaungkan, dan juga diberit...